View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2020, 02:36 AM   #68
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Like with '30s depression, populace under distress do odd things. One of them is cleaning. I guess so you're feeling like you're doing something and have some kind of control over your life. A lot of unemployed people bathed, dressed up and left house like going to work. Then spend time in movie-theatres. Recent run on toilet-paper and cleaning-supplies seems to be along similar lines.

I have bidet, so toilet-paper supply lasts forever. Have generator all filled up. Year's worth of rice, pasta & beans stored up (gotta learn something from those damn VC tunnels). Cisterns of water under house filled. Damn Walmart was all out of ammo though.

I find it disturbing that baby and pet foods were untouched at stores! Are you not going to feed your baby and pets when hunkered down? Also gravy-mixes and seasonings were not picked up. When you've got meats going bad, that's best way to make them palatable!

My friend who works for Swift said truck-shipments were canceled weeks ago. Farm pick-ups and deliveries were stopped long before run on stores. Now tonnes of empty trucks sitting at stops and along Hwy-5 just waiting for work. Supplies are there, just not getting to retailers.
My family has a store of food, supplies, and ammunition. We keep a supply up to date, have for years now. Dog food and cat food included.

I work at a heavy diesel shop and we have seen an influx of over the road rigs in for repairs. Trucks are moving the same as always.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote