View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2022, 01:29 PM   #1
jjmaine
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250, '16 Ninja 300

Wobble after new tire?

I have an odd issue. Well maybe it isn’t so odd as I’m pretty sure I know tye cause but the strange thing is that I’ve had a slightly warped rotor for a while but my front end didn’t start wobbling until I just mounted new tires. I noticed when I did my fork springs when I mounted the front wheel back on the bike and spun it it would slow down slightly when a certain part pf the rotor passed through the brake pads. It wasn’t a problem though and the front end never shaked until today. I had new tires put on and balanced by a friend that has a shop with a tire machine.
My first thought is that he didn’t balance them correctly so I removed the wheel and put it in my balancing stand but it is balanced perfectly. So I taped a zip tie to my stand and confirmed my rotor is slightly warped.
I think the answer is yes but will a warped rotor make the front wobble? If I am gripping the bars with both hands it will stop the wobble but if I remove one hand or both then it starts to wobble.
It is just strange that it didn’t wobble before the new tire but I confirmed the bead is seated perfectly all the way around both sides and it is balanced.
Also what is strange to me, the shaking stops under front braking and there is no pulsing or any odd feel in the brake lever? If it was the rotor, wouldn’t the problem be worse under braking? Also it was bent before so it should have always wobbled?
As far as I can tell, my steering stem bearings are good but with the bile on the front triple tree stand it makes it hard to check for smooth movement.
Any ideas? I am stumped…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F8A325B3-5E40-4E5C-87EF-F56B9C7889D9.jpg (104.8 KB, 6 views)
jjmaine is offline   Reply With Quote