View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
Let me put it another way:
It is obvious that the 300 has the potential to be faster than the 250 and the 400 to be faster than the 300..
The data above is useless in determining how they really compare. It's worse than useless because it is misleading.
You made two mistakes:

1. Jumping to conclusions and assumed that past-performance data is being used as predictor of future results. Note that data presented is only past historical data. It's was recorded by AMB/MyLaps transponders on X-date ridden by Y-rider in Z-race. And Z2 race same month one year later on 300 and Z3 race 2 years later on 400. Kaput, done! It's actual facts in reality and nothing can change that.

It's like me saying:
Quote:
On 12 Thursday 2018, sun rose at 5:57am in San Francisco.
On 13 Friday 2018, sun rose at 5:58am in San Franciso.
On 14 Saturday 2018, sun rose at 5;59am in San Francisco.
It's done! Actual factual numbers recording events in reality on certain dates that can never ever change. However, it does NOT say anything about sunrise times in 3-months or 5-years. YOU are one that jumped to conclusion that I was using that data to predict anything. Or if I had said:
Quote:
On Thursday, Mary had burger & fries for dinner.
On Friday, Mary had pizza for dinner.
On Saturday, Mary had lamb for dinner.
You inferred that I'm trying to say something about Mary's dinner next week. Nope, I just reported what she had for dinner in past.

2. Assuming that I made same mistake by inferring that data meant something else. Note I did not say you or anyone else will be getting those times or those spreads between models.

All I presented was actual times achieved at actual track used by same rider year after year. That's all, anything extra, you brought into this.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote