View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2020, 03:33 PM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Just remove ".mx" from URL. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B21R0TA/

Note that these are just lights. You'll still need HID bulbs and ballasts. And custom wiring-harness to make it all work. Default harnesses that come with these kits are generic for autos and you'll have some wires that are too short and some that are too long.

From retrofit experience with auto headlights, I prefer 3.0" OEM HID lights from BMW, Acura, Lexus, etc. Higher quality build with heavy-duty cast housings rather than thin stamped sheetmetal. I've found them to have better control of light with less above-horizontal glare. There's also ways to modify cut-off gate to get more light and better penetration on low-beam without changing hi-beam.

Currently following earlier examples on Ninja 250. I prefer building my own platform for holding light like MauR's example rather than re-using bulb-socket from factory lights. Not in rush as I won't be commuting in dark until winter. But will definitely finish by then.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote