View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #81
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Hey now, dont forget me. Just bought my boots and back protector. Next week ill be ordering the suit and gloves. The bike is almost finished with paint. Ordered the pitbull front pin so i can prop it up and take the wheels off.
I don't want to forget anyone! I am looking forward to riding with many of the people that post here. I am just about to purchase a back/chest protector and I need some new boots also. I just got my leathers a month or two ago and I rode in them one 50 degree day. I cannot believe how comfortable they are, I should have bought some years ago!

I like the idea of a football field of space around each rider (TTD post above) because I can ride fairly well on the street and I like the idea of room to focus on doing things right on the track. I have ridden for a lot of years (25 years can that be, I don't feel that old) and done a lot of really stupid stuff on the street so I need to hit the track and prove to myself that I can ride well. I don't want to think I am fast and never really test myself! I am past the crazy part and now responsibilities have made me really slow it down on the street. I love the idea of hitting a turn a little faster each time and working on proper lines and body position rather than rushing a back road corner and playing the odds that something wont go wrong! I have played that game before and it cost me 2 bikes and some stiches.

I am so glad I found this group of people to share my obsession with and I hope to meet a lot of you at the track over the next few years.
COME ON SPRINGTIME I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE TIME OFF OF MY BIKE
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote