View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #8
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Someday, when you're mentally ready, maybe you can describe the crash so we'll have a little more information on what can go wrong, and maybe how to avoid it.
Yeah, will do. Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I think the bottom line is simple. There is a difference between going too fast and going way too fast. I fell into the second category on the morning of the event. Important for me to slow things down, mentally, physically and in many aspects of my life.

The accident was a symptom of an underlying problem. I spoke with a doctor a few weeks prior to the crash and he advised me that I need to find ways to avoid stress and minimize the amount of projects that I have going on -- both personally and professionally. Lay off the redbull and the coffee and double up on the eating and sleeping and resting.

Yes when I feel more fully healed I will re-hash exactly what transpired on that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Very sorry to read about your accident, Corksil

Get better and get back to your normal life soon !!!
Thanks, Hernan. I have a surplus of energy because I've been sitting on my ass with my foot up in the air for an entire week now. That is not something I have ever had to do in my life. Typically it's full speed ahead, no matter what I have in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
I said aloud, "Holy ****!" when reading this. I've never heard of a leg getting degloved. It's usually just a finger (sidenote: this is why I never wear rings). That's gnarly. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It's good to hear you've got the right attitude about this. Then again, I know very few people who could still have much of an ego after going through that.

Stay safe!
Yeah, a bit humbling. Metaphor being... "being struck by a 2x4 to the side of my psyche." It's an eye-opening experience. My perspective on many things has changed as a result of this.

The EMT mentioned something interesting about how when a fighter is knocked out, and instantly jumps back up -- the thing he keeps repeating over and over is "I'm okay.. I'm fine.. I'm alright.." Yet the truth is otherwise. He said that's how I must've appeared to the responding officer. "The lights are on, but no one is home."

Thanks for your PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.