View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #111
Lowspeed Lowside
Tightwad Tinker

Name: Hans

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob138 View Post
We are still talking about fule injection stuff right?
Eventually, that's the plan. At present I believe we should first try electronic control of the ignition timing. Apart from a handful of sub $1 components all the required hardware should be present. If we get two new spark plugs, I think it should even be possible to develop and test the system offline. When we're satisfied with testing we can then switch one plug at a time to limit the damage in case we still managed to mess things up.

At present I'm unsure about almost everything, but my current model is as follows:

The crank sensor generates interrupts on a pin. The interrupt handling routine sets a timer taking the elapsed time between past interrupts and our ignition timing function into consideration. When the timer goes off its interrupt handler closes the sparking circuit for the appropriate plug.

As we want to avoid dealing with high voltages, we should control the 12V circuit, which means we may need a capacitor which will discharge when closed, generate the high voltage in the coil and create the spark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob138 View Post
Sorry, kinda distracted, Bruins Tampa game
Bruins win Game 7, advance to Stanley Cup Final

Still sober?
Lowspeed Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote