View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #1
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Considering a new project....

My friend's landlord left a Honda under a tarp in his backyard. It's a cruiser, not sure the model, but I'm guessing it is in the 750cc range. Considering it's present resting place, it looks to be in pretty good condition, although I'm assuming it won't start..... the tag on the bike is '06, and it only has 5.5K miles on it.

I had the crazy idea of making the landlord an offer for the bike, fixing it up, and flipping it. I have never done anything like that, but with all the work I do on my Ninjette, was thinking I may be able to handle it. Assuming I was able to turn a profit, I was thinking it would be a good excuse to start a new bike fund.

I know I'm giving virtually no information, but generally speaking, how hard is fixing and flipping bikes? I know when I look at local classified, I rarely find anything I am interested in, so I was concerned it would be hard to sell a bike for a profit in this market and economy.

I have NO idea how to make an offer on a bike in this situation, and based on what I pay for Ninja parts, am wondering how realistic it even is that I may make a profit, not to mention if it would be enough to make it worth my time.... now if I wanted to keep it, that would be different, but his would be purely for profit & man points.

Any thoughts or advise?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote