View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #26
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Yep. The fees get compounded and then there's re-reg fees and a lot of other bs. I reg'ed my parents old 92 camry which hadn't been reg'ed for 4 years. Got nailed with about $400 on fees and only $50 to reg. If it was 1 or 2 years and the vehicle is worth it, then I'd say go for it, but more than that and that's going to cost a lot to get it road legal.

Bob, see if you can get the VIN and then talk to the DMV to ask how much it would cost to get it registered. If it's got a salvage title, it will also have to go thru a brake/light inspection which isn't free.
Wow, and I thought the state of Washington was a crook.... The state doesn't make us pay back registration fees... at least not yet

We did use to have 20.00 car tab/registration limits here after a voter approve measure, but over the years the state found misc. ways to nickle and dime us... so what use to be a 20.00 car tab/registration fee is some where north of a 120.00 now... And on top of that they make everyone buy a new license plate every 5 years, their reasoning was that after 5 years the reflective materials used to coat the license plates ware off, and so you have to buy new plates at 25.00 for a pair.... give me a break