View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2019, 12:17 AM   #28
Norway
ninjette.org member

Name: S n 0 r r £
Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Thanks for all the useful discussions, and advice.
I have noticed that fresh gasoline is needed every spring, for good performance.
The bike hasn't been used much lately, but now it has about 34 000 miles on the meter. It was serviced according to the schedules in the manual, as far as I know (if the workshops did what they should).
Despite the fact that I believe that most issues discussed here should be in order, the bike is weaker than when it was new(er).
It probably has about 5-10 mph lower top speed, and it would take longer to reach. In 6th gear, it seems somewhat reluctant to spin at higher rpms than 10 000. It's very smooth, without vibrations, and runs very fine. Just less power..
Maybe in a year or so, it's time for a larger service again. If a valve adjustment could help, I would be happy to pay for it.
(It never had a valve adjustment in about 55000 km / 34000 miles. I have been told that the valves were within specs, 2 or 3 times.)
Norway is offline   Reply With Quote