VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post
Thanks for your advice.

Are there any special companies that are operating nationwide or in California (stay in SD) that anyone would recommend?
Also, I got a quote regarding insurance on a Toyota Sienna, 2001.
It was slightly in excess of 600 USD for 6 months, or around 100 USD / Month.
It includes liability, property damage liability, uninsured motorist bodily injury, collision deductible waiver, comprehensive, collision, roadside assistance and rental car benefit.

Does it sound like a reasonable insurance?

(I have no driving history in the US, but a very good driving record in Norway, with no serious accidents. Anyway, that might not help much here)

Thanks for your advice, and best regards.
What is probably raising your insurance rates is the fact that you have no driving history in the US.

I know when I went overseas as an expat I got a letter from my insurance company to the new insurance company stating how long I had been insured and that I had no claims filed. It reduced my insurance rates in the new country. When I came back here to the states after 6 years overseas I needed a similar letter for my insurance company.

You may want to check with the insurance companies and see if they would give you a good driver discount for a similar letter.

And do check with several insurance companies, prices vary considerably. Just recently I got insurance for my 2 bikes. My current insurance company with whom I had homeowners and 6 vehicles insured (6 drivers in the family) wanted $26 per month for liability only on one Ninja 250 with me as the driver ($312 per year). I found another insurance company that was $96 per year for both bikes, liability only, with me and my 16 year old daughter as drivers.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote