View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Tenacious_Me
ninjette.org member

Name: Linda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

1.2.3....MSF saved my ass.

I got my moto april 30th. Started slow, practiced in a huge lot, took some residential roads, then progressed to more, added in some slower speed 40-45mph roads with twisties...freeway (ah..not my favorite, less fun and more getting from point A to point B, but all right, not afraid of it)...I have been riding as much as possible and I have found a couple favorite roads that have some great curves and switch backs to learn on.
Last Saturday I decided to show my partner in crime my favorite route. We were having a blast, and I was leading. Now 90% of the time I've gone out, there has been a car that has *almost* tried to run me over... they just didn't see me. But nothing major, because I was uber aware of the others on the road.
Saturday wasn't really any different, except...when the lady in the SUV decided to cut me off it was when I was mid curve, and at a higher speed (40mph) than the other incidents.
Yep, this n00b was mid curve (and although 40mph is not fast, it was within my skill level) lady pulls out and calmly I think:
1. Straighten up
2. Squeeze brakes
3. Swerve
4.(and then I added FLIP THE IDIOT OFF) As she gives me a dirty look...

At the next stop sign my partner pulls up next to me:
"Holy ****! Are you ok?"
"Yeah! I'M PISSED!"
"Your ok? Just Pissed?" He asks with seeming disbelief.
"Yeah the ****** stupid ***** ****** ***!!!!!" I shout back sounding more like a truck driver than his girlfriend.
"You handled that really well. I though it was all over."

He couldn't see it because of my helmet but I smiled and thought Thank God I took the Basic Rider course... it all just clicked in my head....1.2.3. Without it I'm sure I would've just grabbed brake and either high sided or low sided right into the back of that B***s SUV.
Tenacious_Me is offline   Reply With Quote