View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #15
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
No worries, just tuck the jeans inside.

Update on my Trackstars: I've worn them every day since I got them. Still not the best walking boot out there, but not bad either. On the bike, they are extremely comfortable, and I feel offer pretty good protection for normal riding. They are holding up very well so far, and still look new.

One thing I've noticed that is worth mention - the airflow on them works well, and my feet don't sweat in them, but there is a side effect. Airflow means they catch air. At higher speeds, and I only notice this in heavy cornering, the air pulls at your foot. More so than with my non-ventilated boots, you can really feel the drag. I have some trouble keeping my toe in tight to the bike in these on a hard, fast corner as the drag tugs my foot away from the bike. Happens a bit with any boot, but maybe a bit more with the wind catching ventilation. Mind you, I wouldn't change this for a moment - I need the airflow in the hot weather here, and I LOVE the comfort of the boot on the bike - but it is something you should know.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote