Old May 19th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #11
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
Ah, "safe" backpacks.

No such thing. Dress for the slide, not the ride. You're only thinking of one aspect of safety: Being seen.

Before you ask, yes, I do wear a pack. But, I also wear a hard shelled spine protector under it. Why? Should I go down, the hard shell spine protector will "hopefully" keep my back from bending it ways it shouldn't with an extra ball of "stuff" strapped on my back.

Some of you are students and you will have hard things in your pack like binders, books, maybe even a laptop. Even shoes or wads of cloths will cause your back to bend in odd ways..... Consider extra spinal protection if you're going to wear a pack....the foam "back protectors" that come in some jackets don't cut the mustard. I have personally seen someone go off the road, over the edge and hit BACK FIRST into a tree, get up and walk away because he was wearing a back protector. Books/laptops/whatever else hard you have is the equivalent of a tree if you go down and land on your back, even clothes only compress so far.

Something like this:

Safety speech over!

You could get something like this that has retroreflective parts sewn in for maximum visibility. On sale, $50 right now.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/ma...c-a29db3983bf5

uh not sure I said anywhere in here i dont wear gear lol! I have a Speed and strength throttle body jacket with CE armor in the elbows, shoulders and back. I also have sidi lei boots. the only thing i "shouldn't" ride in is jeans but I am working on getting kavlar leggings next month. I meant safe as being seen safe, bright "omg my eyes! wtf is that thing in the road?! oh thats a person on a motorcycle" safe
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote