View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2018, 08:10 PM   #1
Zww1019
ninjette.org member

Name: Zak

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Headlight fuse blown and now bike won’t start—occurred simultaneously

I drive my 250r daily, and randomly It didn’t want to start one morning. No clicking, no attempt to turnover, no nothing. I checked the fuses and saw the headlight fuse was blown so I replaced It. The bike still doesn’t attempt to start at all. Could these be related?

Edit: Based on the wiring diagram could It be the headlight or starter relay?

UPDATE:

I drive my 250r daily, and randomly It didn’t want to start one morning. No clicking, no attempt to turnover, no nothing. I checked the fuses and saw the headlight fuse was blown so I replaced It. The bike still doesn’t attempt to start at all. Could these be related?

Based on the wiring diagram could It be the headlight or starter relay?

Edit: Battery voltage is good and I tried to jump start It with another motorcycle.

Update:

Battery tested with multimeter; 12.5V off, 12.4V with ignition on, no change when ignition button is pressed.

Clutch lever and kickstand lever bypassed with no results

**Bypassing starter solenoid causes a small spark and dashboard lights immediately shut off. They stay dimmed for a bit (after removing bypass wire) depending on how long I have the wire bypassing the starter solenoid connected. Still no click/turning over or attempt to start with the starter solenoid bypassed.

****Possible buzzing coming from CDI ignition module (I indistincly heard a very minimal and slight buzzing from under back seat rest, upon removing the CDI box I (think) I could no longer hear the buzzing). Would this cause my symptoms, and is there anyway to test—from what I’ve read it’s only possible to test with a new CDI ignition module, and only causes no spark issues.

Last futzed with by Zww1019; June 18th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
Zww1019 is offline   Reply With Quote