Old October 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #52
Sapper
MSF Instructor

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300, 2010 Yamaha WR250R, 2008 CBR600RR

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversic View Post
You guys have been great. don't get me wrong...I love everything about my 250r....including the flickability....hearing whats been said....it makes more sense to get a 650 vs. a 1000. I recognize the danger of jumping on a liter bike...hence why Im doing my research....but truth be told....one of the reasons I don't do a lot of freeway riding is because I feel so exposed on the 250R on the freeway. Just so buzzy, I get blown around so easy, and have minimal passing power....as in I have to plan everything strategically vs when Im in the city...I have a lot of fun.

I did sit on both 650 & 1000 at the stealership. I love them both....I like the "heavy duty" feeling of the 1000....seems like a "boss" bike that I can cruise on the blvd in style on....but if its that heavy....and dangerous for newbs....well...I have no pride in learning. I see lots of youngsters on gixxers ALL the time....hence why I hate gixxers. Guess I don't want to be a racer wannabe.....aka Im 36, married (happily) and like only occasionally pissing of cagers....anyone on 2 wheels should be friends.

Side note....I always wanted a Ninja 500.....my favorite old school bike....but when I say the Ninja 650, I decided to start on a 250R to learn the ropes so i wouldn't end up 6ft under.

Thanks again.
The 650 will DEFINITELY accomplish all your goals and is great on the highway.

Even though the Ninja 1000 is over 1000ccs I would never call it a literbike bc it has nowhere near the power of a supersport 1000. If the money makes absolutely no difference you will probably be happier with the 1000. The engine is more refined and the bike is more solid.
Sapper is offline   Reply With Quote