View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2015, 07:40 PM   #5
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Dude my third bike was already 10 years old and I also started with a 250. There's no reason to judge a bike by it's year, but only with the connecting you will have with it. It's what you want to get out of riding...

I got a 250 to learn the fundamentals of riding, save gas and commute. When my skills and distance that I could ride got bigger I changed my thoughts on what I needed. Hell my little 250 would stun and awe as many or more people than my Triumph. Although it's not all show and tell, you make a bike a reflection of your character...simply put.

Take a look at the 300 if you'd like, maybe a 650 v-twin...it's what you are comfortable with. It'll come with time that you'll get a bigger bike, so don't rush it. My best motorbike choice was starting on that burbling little 250, and I had the time of my life on it. Who cares if that guy on the R6 thinks you are too slow, he won't be saying that when you hit the twisties...trust me, that ninjette rocks in the turns!
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote