spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
I would like to point out that I have never been bored while riding a ninja 250
I have! Interstate cross-country commuting... Then again I've been bored with a cruiser, with a super sport bike at the speed limit, with a dirt bike on the high way.... You can be bored on any bike at any time. Picking the right bike for the right job should be an important consideration. Why do I love my 250 so much, because it best fits my riding style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9721 View Post
Thank you to all, love the quick replies! I think ill stick to my plan and get a cheap 250, after seeing how much people around here love them im convinced that I can have some fun on one. Plus, no financing is appealing. Plus I need a good practice bike for my first bike, and the 250r is one hell of a good looking bike to start on!
Great reasons! Realistically, the only reason to get a 300 over the 250 is if you have a lot of elevation changes in your state. Carbs are really rather infuriating when you ride from 5,000ft to 10,000ft...

However, to answer your question.... YES, YES, YES. The 250 is absolutely outdated and underpowered. Even the "new-gen" 08-12. 20+ year old tech all around. That means it's:
1.) Easy to work on.
2.) Easy to ride.
3.) Hella fun
4.) Cheap

I don't know Iowa though... Maybe it's all straight lines there... In which case a cruiser might be an even better choice.

Regardless, somebody else said this too... Pick the bike YOU want to ride. If you decide you don't want to ride it anymore, get a different one! It's not like you're getting married...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote