Old February 25th, 2015, 01:51 AM   #38
Enrgkid
Boy Racer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 08' NINJA 250R, 2013 BMW HP4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9721 View Post
Good evening all, new guy here, names John and I'm 18. Looking to get my first street bike this summer, and have been eyeing a 250r since they came out in '08. I was planning to get a 300 SE, but decided against it as I would likely finance the bike, and as I already have a truck payment I want to avoid that. I've decided that since a Ninja 250r can be aquired around here for under $2500, I will just save the cash before buying. A buddy of mine, who is also 18 and is also planning on a bike this summer (although the dumb*** is saving for an R6) has tried to advise me against it, saying that I will quickly get tired of it, and it is a small, boring outdated bike with the arrival of the 300. I disagree, but I wanted opinions of owners. Thanks all!
Let me put it this way too you, I own a HP4 Competition, which is an absolutely top of the line, all the bells and whistles bike, a Ninja 300 Track bike and my Ninja 250.

I prefer to ride my Ninja 250r to work each day cause it's more comfortable, not only to work, I will take it on twisty rides with my mates also, the only time I take my Hp4 out is when I'm going with other s1000rr's and Hp4's occasionally I'll take it out for a fang, but I can get in enough trouble here on the Ninja 250r.

I also vary between the ninja 300 track bike and the hp4 for the track, depends on which track, tight technical tracks ninja 300 everyday, more fun, long GP length tracks are the hp4.

The ninja 250r is far from outdated, it may not have all the electronics or the biggest engine but I can promise fun times, great memories and even alot of learning, I often tell my mates(quite a few still can't ride big bikes due to licence restrictions 650cc is max) that they should consider learning to ride the 250/300 to its limit before they consider looking for an upgrade!
Enrgkid is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.