View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #81
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Wow, wow and wow You'll be telling that to your grandkids I bet.

Were you surfing on the bike for a bit then?
Yes somehow, someway... bike was laying on its left side. My right hand was holiding upright gas side of bar-left hand grabbing something on top of engine...one foot on engine- other leg flailing about. I remember clearly looking at my wifes right leg under bike-her dragging on her back on road. I saw wall coming and braced each time. Nothing I could do but ride it out. It must have been a really large sheet of ice. I picked bike up off of her, checked her out, pushed bike to other end of tunnel where a Ranger was standing there waiting on me. It was very cold and we did not have right gear at all. The snow was blowing up thru tunnel like "snow snakes"... if you have seen em then you know what they are. The Ranger was cussing the hell out of me. We were allowed to leave like I said about an hour later. We ended up back in Cherokee where it was in high 50's low 60 degree temps. The wreck was so bad that it drug my left side engine guard so bad that I just removed it. The CX500 heads stick way out on either side, its probably what saved her leg from more damage. True story here, glad you guys are enjoying it! I guess what sticks out most in my mind is how one second we were headed up thru the tunnel. The next second I was looking at just where I came from going backwards up thru the tunnel. I honestly believe I must have ridden 20 or more feet BACKWARDS before it fell over! I don't know how I did that... its gotta be against some law of physics. Was surely not my skill. I truly hope that I don't have any more wrecks to talk about here later!