View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2021, 04:39 PM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

as all of you know I went through all kinds of height changes on my Ninja 250R
and I do believe it is alot better than it was when I first got it (stock...)
the end results were dropping the front forks 2" and raising the rear approx 3"
I added a lowering kit so I could manipulate the rear alot more ( I wanted to lower it) but I wound up with the seat height at about the same as it was...
I think dropping the front 2" was the major handling change it goes into corners with no effort at all now it's almost as if it's reading your mind it handles so well....
it works so well I'm not going to change it for love nor money ! LOL....
my tires have 28PSI in them front and rear to help soften the ride as it is sprung kind'a hard for this old man ! ...
the end results made the rake a bit steeper and shortened the trail by a tiny amount.... but I think I got about 5 deg. of steeper rake out of the deal maybe more... i don't know....but it sure handles good now !
....but this thread is about tires not geometry and I'm changing the subject talking about this stuff, so back to tires !
I was looking at tires earlier today ( before light) and noticed something odd
many of the brand name tires have one but not the other tires not both ...
I have no idea why that is ...but I've always been under the impression it is best to buy MATCHING front and rear tires ! especially on sport bikes
.... is that true or just a bunch of B.S. ?????
for a freeway cruiser I can't see where it would matter much just about any tires that fit on the rims is good enough , just stay away from a knobby on the front and a slick on the back.... i don't think that would be a good combo for anything !
....later !
Bob.........

Bob......