View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
Duh...lol that doesn't work...obvi!

What happens is when I come to a complete stop (stop sign, traffic light, for example) as I approach the stop and slow down (usually by engine braking) but as I'm just about to stop I step all the way down so I'm in 1st.

When I start to take off...the bike won't move. I will stomp, stomp, stomp to get into first and it won't take. If I push my bike forward or back then it will go into 1st. Now I just have to get into the habit to consciously make sure I push down extra hard before I completely stop while the tires are still moving a little bit.
Release the clutch into the friction zone and it should engage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
As for getting it in neutral, same thing. I'll be in first, I'll bump it up to neutral, I actually feel it go in, but the light will not come on. So I'll bump it again, and feel that 'bump', and still, no light, not in neutral...after this for about 5 minutes I just say screw it and turn the bike off. It's annoying because sometimes at a long stop light I'd like to relax my clutch hand but the bike just will not cooperate with me.
Kawasaki has something called a positive neutral finder. Basically what it does is if you are stopped in first and try to click up it won't go to second but instead will go to neutral. It makes getting to neutral alot easier. Maybe your neutral light is just bugged out?

Didn't they teach you in the MSF not to trust the neutral light?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote