Old August 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #15
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
Duh...lol that doesn't work...obvi!

What happens is when I come to a complete stop (stop sign, traffic light, for example) as I approach the stop and slow down (usually by engine braking) but as I'm just about to stop I step all the way down so I'm in 1st.

When I start to take off...the bike won't move. I will stomp, stomp, stomp to get into first and it won't take. If I push my bike forward or back then it will go into 1st. Now I just have to get into the habit to consciously make sure I push down extra hard before I completely stop while the tires are still moving a little bit.

As for getting it in neutral, same thing. I'll be in first, I'll bump it up to neutral, I actually feel it go in, but the light will not come on. So I'll bump it again, and feel that 'bump', and still, no light, not in neutral...after this for about 5 minutes I just say screw it and turn the bike off. It's annoying because sometimes at a long stop light I'd like to relax my clutch hand but the bike just will not cooperate with me.
I found my fix for this issue was to shift as I slow down...Coming to a stop (or nearly) then shifting doesn't allow it to go into 1st w/o rolling the bike.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote