View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #3
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
It's time to install the Two Brothers Black Series full exhaust on my bike, I figure I could save some money by installing it myself then handing it off to a tuning shop to clean and jet and tune the carbs.

The included instructions are vague to say the least, so are there any specific torque settings I should use on the bolts or any other tips not included in the instructions? They only say how to remove the old system and install the new one, they don't mention a single thing about bolt torque settings or whether or not any thread locker should be used.

Also included in the box is a tube of Permatex Ultra Black gasket maker, but not a single word in the instructions on where or how to use it.

I tried to find some videos on a full TBR exhaust install for the 250R, but all I could find were slip-on installs.
Hi there....As far as bolt torque, use factory values as guideline as mentioned in the service manual. Don't recall at the moment to write it but finding a manual on the web is quite easy and will come handy in a number of occasions, if you're the DIY kind of guy...that is if you don't already have it !

You could use a type of gasket maker for eliminating any sealing issues but I prefer custom-made exhaust header gaskets so I can't tell you much about that... I think the stockers have a copper-ring gasket between headers and head exhaust outlets so if not in bad shape, try reusing these with some permatex on or even better get new ones, should be cheap...
hope I 've been of some help, sorry for the delayed responding...