View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2020, 06:52 PM   #6
arthury
ninjette.org member

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250J; 2005 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
It sounds like you may have multiple issues.

1. if not getting fuel in float-bowls, petcock may be issue. There's tiny filter inside fuel-line between tank and carbs. If it's inserted backwards, it can crumple up and restrict flow. Also measure vacuum going to petcock, might not be getting enough to open. Or petcock's diaphragm may be leaking, and not opening. A lot of people spend A LOT of time working on carbs when petcock is issue. So measure actual flow-rate out of petcock to pinpoint this issue. How much petrol do you collect in 30-seconds from petcock?

2. sticky float valves can also give you low flow. If bike's been sitting a while, drying petrol can actually glue the valves to their seats. But this is a binary issue, yes/no, bike will not start at all if float-valves are stuck. No way to diagnose this without disassembly. Although you can do quick test by draining each bowl into measuring cup and seeing what volume you get per side if it matches what should be in there.

Quick search for "clean carbs ducatiman" will give you some threads for others with similar problems.
Thanks for the detailed diagnostic paths laid out for me.
I will look into these and report back when I find something.

Appreciate this help a million!
arthury is offline   Reply With Quote