View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2023, 06:12 PM   #40
jk3099
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Sometimes, walking away and coming back with fresh eyes can help spot something that wasn't obvious before. Complete lack of vacuum is perplexing... Should at least show something.

1. inspect rubber manifolds. Make sure orientation with words "head" and "carb" printed on them facing proper direction. Both ends should be fully seated flush to flat surfaces on head and carbs.

2. do compression test. Remove both plugs and hold throttle WOT when cranking. Squirt 1cc oil into spark-plug hole. Repeat compression test. What did you measure?
For sure; the last few days have been good not having to think about this.

I'm definitely planning on taking the carb boots off. The boots between the carbs and the airbox have been stuck to the airbox for the last few carb changes, so I'm going to try to take those off. They seem like a reasonable culprit for these consistent issues. I'll check the directions of the other boots while I'm at it, too.

For the compression test, should I buy a compression tester, or is there a manual test I can perform? A YouTuber named Fortnine mentioned a test where he put his thumb over where the sparkplugs are and then cranked the engine to see if the compression was ~100 psi. Would this work instead? Just seeing if I could save some money
jk3099 is offline   Reply With Quote