View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #7
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Thanks everyone for your help. Problem fixed!

@esrtek, nah this is definitely was not a normal thing. The bike was fine until I started working on it. Are you sure you don't have a problem? Seems like your bike must be running very lean or something to die at a little touch of throttle before warmed up.

@ninja250, that's what I thought at first, but I checked literally every hose for cracks, and made sure they were on properly.

@15dollar, you were right! the needle in the right carb wasn't quite sitting properly and the spring wasn't fully covering it. I must have messed it up the second time I put it back together. Put it back together and now my bike is running perfectly (BTW I have pulled the snorkel, runs so much better without it). I guess I will have to shim my needles some other time because I simply CANNOT FIND any 3mm washers here in vancouver. All I have found is 1/8 which seems to be to big. I think I will probably just take out the carbs for my service (in 500km) and shim the needles (if I can find the washers), take a whole bunch of pictures to possibly make a DIY for cleaning the carbs (kkim's is still gone I believe?).

Catch you guys on the flip side. Thank's for the help everyone!
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote