View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #6
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
wow its expensive, i want one though... http://www.ridersdiscount.com/Fly-Ra.../dp/B00ANTW97A

hey matt, how long does it take to put on? you just slip it over and put your helmet on right?
Alex, the one you posted is an MX one. Here's the one you want:

http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/...08_a_7c5296071

Its expensive yes, but IMO...its cheaper than a hospital bill

It doesn't take me long at all to put it on. I did spend a good time with adjusting and practicing removing and putting it on so it was just like normal habit when I finally got to the track.

Here's how I put mine on. Luckily for me, my head can slip right through the opening. When I have my race suit on, I actually use my eyes to look up so I keep my head level. I slip it on and then put on my helmet...easy as that.

To take it off, I just use the red switch on one of the slides and pull the brace apart...it will pivot on the attached red switch/clip side. Once its off, I clip it back all together and place it on my bike on so I don't forget to put it on.

I'm all about movement efficiency.

The KEY thing about this is making sure you fit it properly. At first I thought it was no good but turns I adjusted it out too small. The kit includes different brackets to adjust it as needed for you. You also get this piece of cardboard shape like an L that you need to use to make sure the clearance between the brace and helmet is right.

Also, when I ordered mine I could not see the sizing. I actually called Leatt and asked for the size I needed. To my surprise I needed a LG/XL!!!. Thank goodness I called because I was about to order the S/M. I gave the lady over the phone my measurements, weight, height, etc.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote