View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #101
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I have been using contour cams for many years. I have used many cams but it's my goto cam for when I know I will get what I am after. HD video quality is there, but it's slightly less quality vs. the high end go pro's but I have never been left wanting for more for my street/track uses. It's a trade off, ease of use vs. sacrifice some quality. For me, it's about attach cam, aim (laser sights), slide forward to record and go. Can turn it on and off with gloves on. It's like it was designed by riders for riders. They can be had on ebay for around $100 if you find the right deal. If ya don't like it, resell for about the same, so the risk is relatively low.

There is tons of contour footage on youtube but if you want or need, I can link you some of my vids. Lemme know.
I'm really picky about the video quality and battery life for an action cam. The video quality on a GoPro Hero3+ is incredible, while the drift Ghost-S is not. The battery life on the drift is amazing, but on the go-pro it's not. Same price, however I can always carry around an extra battery to keep the GoPro running but I'll be stuck with the Drift-S video quality forever.

The highest model currently made by Contour is the Contour+2, right?
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote