Thread: Tire hugger
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #9
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
The clip is pretty close - I think you could trim the 300 piece a bit to avoid altering the swingarm. Instead of the additional screws, you could probably use 3M double-sided tape and/or zipties as well (like some other huggers use).

I think it fits better (using the original chainguard tabs), and doesn't require any cutting of the visible plastic (which could end up looking bad if you do a poor job). In my case, it was a used part going on a different bike (with a slightly different brake line setup), so I didn't mind modding the swingarm a bit for a perfect fit with the 300 piece. I did consider the CBR part, but ended up going with the 300 part in the end.

You might prefer one option or the other for certain reasons. Do whatever makes you happy. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just pointing out another option (as I had some difficulty finding something that fit my needs exactly when I was planning this out).

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote