View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #13
Sbworth17
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250r, 87 Honda Hurricane CBR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
If you have the maintenance manual (NOT THE OWNER'S MANUAL) it has all the answers. Really hard to figure out what's going on from a handful of photos. Someone intimately familiar with CA-spec pregens might see stuff they recognize... sorry I can't be of more help.

It's a really good idea to learn this stuff for yourself anyway. Knowledge earned is far better than quick answers spoon fed to you, because you will know what's going on and why.

Ask:

- What am I trying to accomplish?
- Is anything actually wrong with the way the bike runs? (See first question above)
- What does the stock setup look like?
- How is the current setup different? Are there parts missing? (When I did the Kleen Air delete on mine, a couple of hoses and a valve went into the spare parts box.)

Think it through. You got this. You'll come out on the other end with a better understanding of your bike, and you'll be a better mechanic.

Yeah I have the Clymers maintenance manual for it if that's what your talking about. I just don't go right to it because those damn things never have (what you would think would be obvious) a parts diagram that can tell me straight up what every part is on the bike. Plus talking about it helps me figure it out as well i found out a lot by just trying to post accurate information. Anyway... I read all your blogs man I loved every one of them, your very good at drawing a mental picture for your reader I felt like I was writing all that **** myself lol. I wanna be like you one day(experienced, well-versed, crazy, and still alive). Anyway, ya I know doing it myself is always the best way especially doing the little things as you mentioned in one of your articles about rider aids(****in loved it) so I'm giving up on the cheap/easy way out, as for the questions I should be asking myself I'm doing this because the bike won't start lol. My first guess was I flooded it, second was, I let it idle to much, I don't get to ride it as much as I want.. I use it for SHORT(man I wish I worked 100miles away)commute to work and now I'm out of work.. married w/ two kids.... sooo more like never get to lol... so I go out and figdette with it start it warm it up rev it n smell it lol and then turn it off... so I removed the carburetors to clean em out and noticed the plugged inlet or whatever with the bolt which led to all of this. And I got the carbs back on it all hooked up and still didn't start, I took out the spark plugs and they're black... carbon fouled I believe... so my next question is, what do you do to fix a carbon fouled plug? The book mentions the insulation possibly being ruined after finding the plugs like that, that's talking about insulation in what, the spark plug boot? So just get new boots and plugs?

Last futzed with by Sbworth17; May 10th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.
Sbworth17 is offline   Reply With Quote