ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Ok....
How did I learn before the internet?
I read up on things in a manual, got the correct tools, and took my time. I started slow, hoses, belts, tune ups, oil change, then moved on to transmission lines, brakes, electrical, etc.
If I didn't have the tool I bought it, if I was unsure I took it to a shop, until I could learn.
Learning is good but there is a right way and a wrong way. You don't wire a house, turn on the power and then ask what color the ground wire is. You read, ask questions, get the tools, take a class, etc. first.

Learning is not an excuse for doing it wrong. I don't do work then pray when I get in the car or on the bike and hope I don't die because I might not of done it correctly or I know I didn't.

I am not trying to be mean, I think it's great you want to learn. But, you need to slow down and start found things correctly. You might need to take a class in basic mechanics, or read up more first. Bolts have torque ratings, are you using a torque wrench? Do you have the tools? If not, get the tools first.
Let's just agree to disagree. I didn't just wing it, again as stated multiple times. I had someone help me. The brakes were put in with proper tools, and the pistons were pushed in with a mini c wrench. The only thing that was looked over the the street crud which is why I ASKED questions. I really wish you guys understood that. You don't go to school, listen to a lecture and then never ask a questions if you don't understand. This is not ignorance this is trying to search how to do it the CORRECT way. But you seem to thing no one should ask questions and magically understand how to do everything in the world. I ask, because I don't know and I want to know. Please stop discouraging people from asking and stating they should already know. That's not how people learn. Anyway I'm not going to ague anymore. I just want to know how the heck to get the pistons back out, that's all I care about right now lol. Anyone?

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.