View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Just as a heads up, I've been speaking with YCRS and have some corrections I'll be making for things I misinterpreted; I'll try to call them out in this post for people who've already read it and want to just see the delta.

Some updates I made:
- I misremembered the 'twist your hips in' I think (I rewatched their youtube on this); I think this was probably from one of the ride coaches at the track day I did the weekend before school.
- We disagreed on the definition of counter steering, which partly led to the disagreement; though I do think you can be extremely smooth with countersteering via bar pressure and am a little skeptical that body weighting is more precise.
- Added some references to "first 5 and last 5 percent" in the 100 points of grip; this is a good focus and I simply forgot to mention it. I also added some more critique of the idea; though it is generally applicable.
- Updated the section on vision, I definitely misinterpreted what they meant.
- Updated the section on "slowest point in the turn", this is a point we still completely disagree on.

Last futzed with by Yakaru; December 2nd, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.