View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #26
dsims321
ninjette.org member

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Red Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Craigslist scares me. Wife has used it a bit, but for motorcycles, I have heard far too many horror stories. I know it's legit, I don't want to give the wrong impression, I guess it just takes a lot of scruples to do it well. Motorcycles must be one of those items that draws a lot of fraud (like electronics on ebay).
Yeah there was one I looked at before mine that was sketch like the guy wanted me to pay paypal and he would deliver it next week when we were only like 10 mins apart So i just said no to that, but my recommendation is look it over and bring somebody who knows what they are looking for make sure they have all the papers (title/service records) and you should be good. Private sellers you could always find a total ***hole or the nicest guy around but either one if they dont have all the documents and they aren't dealing the way you want to, its not worth it. But thats how it is with any used market not just motorcycles. just my