View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #15
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
However a couple of things to mention and ask...
1. the 250 piston is kind of "narrower" by some hundredths of a mm....ahh... sorry of an inch I mean... that's because it "needs" more clearance compared to the one in the 300's aluminum block since heating and working conditions 9and heat dissipation of course are different...
I didn't even consider this at all. How much of a significant difference. I'm not sure unless the ring lands were cut deeper.

Quote:
Well, now for the good part... I am about to put a 300 crank and rods to a whole new big bore kit (67mm), this
:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Nin...a6e68c&vxp=mtr
for an engine of 345cc in 250 cases with the 300 head, 300 throttle bodies and my 250 full racing yoshi exhaust system as well as my "electronic equipment" (250 ECU with 1000 extra rpm, PC V, autotune etc)
so I have a few questions unanswered yet...
1. can I fit a 300 fuel pump along with its base in a 250 tank?
2. 300 fuel injectors are "larger" in fuel output compared to the 250's?
3. can I fit the 300 slipper clutch in the 250 cases ?
1. I imagine you could but I have never seen the FI 250 tanks ever. You would have to find someone pictures locally in Europe/UK.
2. Again I don't know but it does make sense.
3. Slipper clutch will fit in the case but the clearance of the 250 cover with the 300 clutch is what I am not sure of.

Quote:
If- eventually- for some reason I change my mind and choose to use the 300 cases can I fit my 250 rotor and stator for more energy ? if yes, does the 250 side rotor cover fit the 300 casing? (I am worried about the position of the advance timing sensor being in the same position -the angle related to the rotor etc. Can I fit my 250 gearing altogether in the 300 cases?
Rotor and stators will fit but make sure that the timing/crankshaft position pickups are the same between the 250 and 300 FI rotors. We don't have FI 250s here in USA for me to compare. the crank angle sensor are in the same position between both as far as I know.
Gearing: if you are talking about the transmission gears, yes they are the same with the exception of what I posted up above.

Quote:
P.S. anyone knows another kawa model with stiffer valve springs than oem's that I can fit to the 250/300 head ?
Perhaps @Racer x, @mgentz, @tubarney would know.