View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:16 AM   #2
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I just went to court about not stopping behind the limit line at a stop sign. The judge asked as he was ruling if I wanted to go to traffic school and did that for every case that was seen. If the judge doesn't ask you have every right to ask them... why would the state of CA turn down more easy money

Honestly if it was a CHP officer you have no chance in winning your case. CHP officers get fined if they don't appear in court (when I went 2/3 of the cases were dismissed because the cop didn't show, the only people left were the ones who were pulled over by CHP officers). I do know a CHP officer pretty well and my fiance was close to entering in the academy and he read up on what was is expected of the officers.

Just from my experience when I went to court I bought pictures as well as federal code for signage showing that the intersection was bad and it was impossible to see the sign. The CHP officer had half of the events written down wrong and even said that she saw me stop but it was over the line... judge still said I was guilty. If you have a solid case beyond, well my speedo was off, I was late to work, etc, I would go to court, otherwise you are wasting your time.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote