View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2019, 11:37 AM   #219
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
^^ Interesting post. Not very promising for those who don't have decades of riding ahead of us, but interesting anyways.

I guess it depends too on how much risk one's willing to take on each corner. How often do you lay your bike down, @DannoXYZ?

I have fun practicing on the parking lot as well, even if not to useful on the track.
I’ve crashed twice in my 3-yrs of track riding. Once my 1st year from being too impatient in T2 @ Thunderhill and whacking throttle to 100% in middle of corner. Second time was 2nd year at Buttonwillow when guy on liter-bike blasted by me on straight, pulled over in front me and slammed on his brakes. It was at least 100m before my braking marker and I was still at 100% throttle. Luckily he was so close to me that I just rear-ended him and flew onto his bike and landed on him. Basically sat on him and his bike as we crashed.

I don’t think you have to crash to make progress. That’s why track is so much safer than doing things on streets. You can go 85-95% and make 0.1% improvements incrementally. I’m not saying he should go 110% faster and just toss his bike into corners. But maybe back off tiny bit on speed and trying to go faster. Work on a little more tip-in speed and a tiny bit more lean-angle each lap. Higher speeds and faster lap-times will happen as side effect of this practice. More on this later.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.