View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2020, 07:00 PM   #228
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I also must thank @adouglas for twisting my arm until I moved up into Blue group. Mr. Fist has been there for every track trip and is such a great source of information. His experience, encouragement and knowledge have been priceless in my journey. So there I was on the third day in a row at Palmer, bike working better than ever and my confidence could not have been better. I wake up late and sore from the past 2 days running faster laps than I ever had before. The first session is a throw away as you have to follow the leader for 2 laps then everyone is bunched up so no fast laps. I had added approx 5mm of rear ride height-Ducati has an adjustable rod for this- based on Computrac's recommendation. My mind was ready but the body was a little sore. Discussing the bike with Mr Fist before the second session, I said that I believed that 1:55 would be achieved with the way the bike felt. I headed out for my second session on the Third and last day of this season. The grid was empty so I took the front right spot and got out on track alone-in the Blue group now. When I returned to the garage after the session and checked the lap times, I was shaken! 1:55.8!!!!!! That is a 15-17 second improvement this year! I did not get below the 1:55.8 the rest of the day but I did run several 1:58's posting 2 identical times! Problem solved for now
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote