View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2021, 04:22 AM   #18
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yes, no wonder it's running on leaner side. Pilot jet has numerous lateral bleed holes that needs to be poked out with wire. Same with pilot bleed-hole in carb-venturi, needs to be poked backwards from there..

BTW, did you poke out all lateral bleed holes in emulsion tube too? Ultrasonic soak? Micro soda-blast?

Again, no need to ever increase jet-sizes on these bikes. They ran perfect when leaving showroom floor. The only thing that changed over time is carbs got dirty and clogged. So.. obvious fix is to reverse that process by properly cleaning them until they are factory-fresh clean. If bike doesn't run like brand-new off showroom floor, then carbs aren't factory-fresh clean. Simple.
All the bleed holes are clean with help of my to Oxygen-Acetylene torch tip cleaner even used a magnifying glass just be sure, No need for soda-blast the inside of the bowl was petty clean even the outside look clean too all most like new which was kind of a big surprised, unlike other carb from 05 which is a mess and dirty, I guess I can't complain as I got both 05 and 07 of for $300 .
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote