View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2021, 01:07 PM   #1
Jeepster1000
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki ninja 250

2011 ninja 250 has no spark.

Hello all, new member but no stranger to bikes and motorsports. I recently picked up a project Ninja 250 2011, not running when I got it, but I am pretty handy with a multi meeter and good general mechanical knowledge. So I performed the usual tests, checked the coils they meter out alright, have 12v going to the igniter. has a new stator. and came with 2 spare pick up coils, all ohm out at around 110ohms. generator ohms out at .89ohm on each lead. the original is a little over 1ohm, not sure if that makes a huge difference but the manual states between .5 and .6ohms very small range. so naturally went to test the voltage output on the pick up coil and it only reads .8V and this is the same story for the other 2 so I am not thinking all 3 are bad. my question is there another way to test this and or make adjustments so it is closer to the flywheel because it doesn't look like there is when you pull the side cover off. I have jumped the coils as well and I get spark that way. not sure what else to try at this point but it seems like it is stemming from the pick up coil somehow.

Sorry for the long first post but I wanted to give as much detail as I could. Any assistance is obviously appreciated.
Jeepster1000 is offline   Reply With Quote