Old June 16th, 2018, 06:03 PM   #71
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
FWIW: "only" 30 mph does some nasty things to road cyclists. You'll live. But you'll hate taking a shower for a couple weeks. Asphalt is basically 10 grit sandpaper. Don't mean to be the guy brow bashing you, but I hit the deck twice today on my trail ride and have some new bruises I'll be nursing all week. Those are fairly minor in comparison to pavement injuries.

Good choice getting some gear.
what you are saying is exactly why I wanted to hear from other people about it before I made my decision. I want to see it from other's perspectives. I've never been a big bicycle rider, never fallen off one when I had to ride one. I've fallen off horses - broke the two bones going from elbow to wrist in my left arm into a diamond pattern that they were shocked didn't become a compound fracture, flew over a jump with my left hand still holding the reins and ripped the skin and flesh off three of my fingers down to the bone. Had one horse bite my horse while I was looking down fixing his bridle, he threw his head up with full force right into my cheekbone and eye.

Bruised/battered is one thing I can deal with, but I don't have the experience with road injuries. You do, so I thank you for brow bashing me I learned something from you, and I think I'll wait until next weekend. I'll just keep her on my street tomorrow with the slow stuff one more time.

I had always planned to have all gear, I just didn't think I would need the jacket so soon, and that's my fault. My lack of planning in that area meant that everything that would have worked was already sold. Plus I didn't realize just how tiny the gear selection at my dealer was, at least for chicks. They have oodles of stuff for dudes. then again, I think the hideous jacket that would have fit me might have been a mens jacket from the look of it.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.