View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2018, 09:33 PM   #25
Zww1019
ninjette.org member

Name: Zak

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
1. resistance between kickstand-switch connector terminals with kickstand UP and DOWN. What's the numbers?

2. resistance between neutral-switch and chassis-ground with bike in gear and in NEUTRAL. What's the resistance numbers?

3. resistance between clutch-switch connector terminals with clutch-lever OUT and SQUEEZED-IN. What's the numbers?
My multi-meter is an auto-ranging one, but I was able to get some readings this time:

1) with kickstand down It showed 0.L, then goes to 0.0 with kickstand up.

2) In neutral it showed 0.0 (if I’m doing this correct), then would jump to (~1.2mOhm or ~185kOhm) when in gear.
—each time I repeated this I would get results ~1.2mOhm (varying from 1.1-1.3), or I would get ~185kOhm (170-195).

3) 0.0, then after pressing clutch in It jumped to 8.0mOhm. I repeated this and got 7.0mOhm the second and then 5.7mOhm the 3rd time.

Are these values more helpful? My apologies I must have been doing something wrong, I think I might have been mixing up the clutch/neutral (changing the gear while measuring clutch switch and vise versa).

Anyways, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and help out Danno (especially the patience haha), can’t thank you enough!

Edit: Same results with headlights btw. One never changed, and the other would slowly fluctuate from 0.0-0.5 (favoring 0.2-0.3). I had the points of the multimeter touching directly on each prong of the bulb.
Zww1019 is offline   Reply With Quote