View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2023, 12:48 PM   #14
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Well, 350000 Californians have been fleeing per year. Draconian laws and procedures adding to costs-of-living for everyone. Only lucky top 1% making fortune on tech can afford to live there.

Comparison can be drawn between vehicle licensing and smog-tests. HUGE hoops to jump through for CA shops and car owners. AZ uses exact same smog standards and no CARB hassles. As long as your tail-pipe emissions meets standards, your car passes with any amount of upgrades you want.

In CA, I had entire bone-stock OEM engine, intake, exhaust and ECU I would swap into my Porsche every 2-years because of CARB. Even though it passes tail-pipe sniffer just fine with upgraded engine, aftermarket ECU, custom exhaust and aftermarket catalytic, CARB says all those items must remain factory OEM.... WTF?!@#%€

Endless additional layers of bureaucracy adds costs and inconvenience for everyone. In AZ, I got smog-test done for $15 and registered car for 5-yrs for $75. In CA, it would be over $1000 for all that! And CA's roads are way, way crappier than AZ!!! All that extra money being raked in is going somewhere... most likely politician's pockets!!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 3rd, 2023 at 01:53 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote