View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2023, 12:44 AM   #28
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I was actually thinking a generator on a trailer to be pulled by a Tesla on a trip
so when you stop for dinner you could plug in the Tesla to the generator to charge.... and yes I was thinking a smaller generator of the size to charge the car to full in 8 hours or so .... ( so I guess it wouldn't be all that SMALL that would take a bunch of watts ! )
... but not to power the car while driving.... just to charge it when your parked
..... if it was so small that it took you 12 hrs to charge the car to full for the next leg of your journey you could spend the night in a motel or camp.
but the problem right now is a generator of the size big enough to do the job in 12 hrs would eat more gasoline in that 12 hrs than if you'ed have driven there in a normal gasoline powered car..... so you gain nothing.
you just switch buying the gasoline for one car for buying charging station time for another car..... essentially theirs no free lunch..... but there are cheaper alternatives. like a generator that gets real good fuel economy for the Tesla
( i don't know of any right off the bat but I am sure you could improve one that is stock ! )

i dunno, time to buy good walking shoes and get the heck out of california I guess !
Bob...