View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM   #53
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Since I'm not muslim, wearing an "I love Mohamed" sticker has no more religious significance to me than wearing an "I love Obama" sticker. I would be offended if anyone wanted me to wear either, but I would if my job depended on it. But the number 666 has special meaning to Christians. Wearing it is akin to wearing a sticker that said "I hate Jesus and I love Satan". No Christian would be comfortable with that.
I understand what the numbers mean to christians. You'd have to be living under a rock not to know that. What about Christians who love Iron Maiden? They would know the song and album are showing kids NOT to muck with 'the devil' so wouldn't knowledge of that song throw a wrench into the whole thing? Wearing and Iron Maiden 666 t-shirt would show that you agree with Iron Maiden's warning.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Did you mean to say you wouldn't be offended by an I love muslims, I love Obama sticker?

Wandering off topic again ...is it true that some people in the US thought Obama was a Muslim? Nevermind, politics may make our happy discussion fly off the rails.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote