View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #3
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Ben,
Great ride! You really looked smooth. Wish I could be out there racing with you. Next season I will do everything I can to make it down to NJMP to ride with you.

Couple of questions about running fast in the rain on rain tires.

1: Looks like you use pretty much the same line as in the dry just with earlier slowing and less corner speed. Did you have to alter your lines from the dry other than just slower = less run out?

2: Do you have to alter your riding style much with rain tires in the wet. Do you hang off more to keep the bike more upright or just slow more before turn in? I know you can either lean or brake or turn but not much combinations of them. Can you brake nearly as hard on rains(with really smooth application) or do you have to slow earlier and brake softer over all?

3: How much more mental effort is each lap vs the dry? I know you are feeling the feed back from the tires but are you an higher alert in the rain or about the same?

Last: How wet did you get inside your leathers? I have done a few wet track days but that is not the same as you don't often follow another bike closely getting sprayed from the tires.

Keep posting your videos and don't be ashamed of showing what those little Kawasaki's are capable of doing!

Ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote