View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2021, 02:55 PM   #18
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsninja2020 View Post
not yet because of having to carburetors off so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsninja2020 View Post
when I try to start it that way it pops and sputters but does not start. So i guess that is still to rich?
All tests needs to be done with airbox installed and connected to carbs. It does very important function of smoothing and providing laminar flow of air into carbs. If you search on here for "pod filters", you'll find every case of pod-filters having mid-range problems are resolved with re-installing factory airbox and jets. Simple enough to tighten hose-clamps on carbs to rubber manifolds. Then slide airbox onto carbs once they're firmly held in place.

I started racing these bikes 5-yrs ago at tail-end of 35-years of trial & error development between millions of 250 racers. Those who've come before me have compiled extensive list of upgrade-mods for these bikes. Even though rules allow it, not a single racer amongst MILLIONS used pod-filters because they provide zero gains in performance and introduces too many problems. Stumbling and surging mid-range is biggest issue, not to mention instability in cross-winds. Racers are lying cheating bastards who'll do anything and everything to gain an unfair advantage over their competitors. They only use what works, pod filters don't.

Need to test these with airbox installed:

1. Do clearing test outlined above. Then start bike with no choke. Does it start and run better?

2. Do same clearing test again. Start bike with full-choke. Does it start & run better?

3. what procedure did you use to clean carbs?

4. which one of these needles looks closest to one you have in bike?

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; August 29th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote