View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2021, 02:18 PM   #34
tomsninja2020

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
You've confirmed adequate valve clearances?
What are the correct valve clearances? I am using .004 inches for intake and .006 inches for exhaust.

also were does the engine pull fuel at idle? is it the transition ports or the area around the mixture screw?

The thing that I am not understanding about this engine is this. My 150cc scooter engine runs just fine. Idles like it is supposed to and everything. This engine does not idle correctly, is hard as hell to start and keep running. If i do get it to run and in gear I cannot turn the throttle more then a quarter turn or the engine will bog and or die. Like I said before, new rings were installed last year but have yet to really seat and break in. Compression for both cylinders is around 90 to 100 psi with the new rings and cylinder honning. New head gasket, new rod bearing on #2 cylinder. Still makes a lot of noise from that side of the engine. CCT has new springs and bearings in it.

I am at a loss here because I have put so much time and effort into this bike and it still will not run right.

thanks
Tom