View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2022, 06:45 AM   #313
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Been there done the equivalent of that !!!!
the engine was seezed when I started working on it it would not turn over , I pulled 6 plugs ( chevy in line 6 old 1954 pickup) starter button on the floor !
I worked it back and forth with a breaker bar and it finally came loose ! I was super happy at that point .... over a week of soaking every day with oil wd-40 and gasoline to wash it out every other day i finally got it loose enough to try the electric starter.... that flushed out the cylinders real good but covered one fender with oil and crap.... no biggy as it was going to be painted anyway....
the compression was good enough to pop my thumb off the cylinder on each plug hole so I checked spark and had to fix that.... got that done and pulled the carb and gave it a good going over put it back together and used quick start and primed it with about 3 oz. of fuel and hit the starter it fired up on the second revolution ! and ran great....
in the months to follow it never moved, so I traded it for a CB radio and a weener pig that we had butchered ....
that fella really wanted that truck in the worst way so I got everything that he had for the radio and I moved to the deep woods and used that to communicate with my Mom every night ! I built a log cabin, made the road and log bridge and had a gay o'l time being young.... now I would not even attempt something like that ! LOL
Bob......
Got love those old InLine 6 there petty hard to kill once you get them unstuck but I done one which there was no in hell to fix it without boring it one cyl as it so rusted the piston had to be melt out so we turn in 5 cyl it run as our grandfather only use it to hual hay around the farm
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote