Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2022, 04:21 AM   #314
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. My grandmother passed away literally while I was typing out the last message. I went out to see her at hospice which is 2 minutes from here and came home and within 15 minutes she had passed. I had been out there 3 times that day. So that day was ruined. By the time I got back to the house it was too late to make noise in the backyard. I know the neighbors already hate us because of all of our small engine excitement we have lol.

Then that next day on the way home the clutch cable broke on my Triumph pulling into my neighborhood so I had to order a new universal kit since I have vintage reproduction Harley hand controls on my Triumph so I have to make them.

For once in so long I have absolutely no plans tomorrow and no work. I have a fresh quart of oil and I am going to drop some in the cylinder and test the gauge on the Triumph. I have an air leak on the Triumph currently. I bought new boots for it recently and that only slightly fixed the problem. I think the factory hose clamp on the right intake boot isn't clamping enough because these are new OEM boots and its still leaking albeit not as bad.

@shspvr you're right it's humid as hell here pretty much all year. it's in the 40ºs right now but even lately while its been below 0º its still humid. I cant stand the humidity. sometimes walking by industrial evaporators on hot humid days the drain line is like watching water come out of dam gates

I'm going to go and get some PB-Blaster anyway so after I drop some oil in the cylinder I will do as you said because it cant hurt to do that

I am sure the Kawasaki is happy sitting in the clean dry air tight shop for the last week. it's been rainy and cold so if anything in the engine or on the bike was wet or could have got wet to make rust should be dry. I washed out the tank and disassembled the petcock which was in a terrible state. it needs a rebuild kit but its clean now. the Gumout cleaner yall told me about with a brass brush made cleaning the petcock so easy
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote